Request for Legal Assistance Form Please review instructions before completing
The following guidelines will assist you in completing the attached application:
- Answer all the questions, providing as much detail as possible, and attach additional sheets if necessary to complete the questions thoroughly. The more we know about a prospective client, the easier it will be for us to review its application and assess its legal needs.
- Attach the documents requested.
- Include brochures and other materials that show the mission, activities, staff, and other special features of your organization.
- Include documents related to the current legal need (i.e. copies of contracts, personnel policies, audits), if such information is known to you.
- Newly-forming organizations MUST provide:
- A business plan or narrative description of existing and planned programs;
- Documents confirming the amount and sources of funding; if you have not secured funding, provide copies of grant proposals or a fundraising plan;
- A three-year proposed income/expense statement; and
- Names and addresses of the organization's initial board of directors.
- Please make sure that you have included ALL of the required attachments.
If you have any questions, contact Lawyers Alliance Client Relations Coordinator at 212-219-1800, x 278.