Last Updated: May 1, 2019
1. Permitted Use; Ownership of Content
The Site and its entire contents, features and functionality (including, but not limited to, all information, software, text, displays, images, and the design, selection and arrangement thereof), are owned by Lawyers Alliance and/or its licensors and are protected by United States and international copyright, trademark, and other intellectual property and proprietary rights laws.
You may download or print materials on the Site only for your personal or organizational noncommercial purposes unless you obtain Lawyers Alliance’s prior written consent. You must include all copyright notices displayed on the materials.
Our name, “Lawyers Alliance for New York,” our logo and other trademarks, service marks and other indicia of source (“Marks”) are owned by Lawyers Alliance. You may not use our Marks in connection with any product or service that does not belong to us, nor in any manner likely to cause confusion about whether we are affiliated with or the source, sponsor or endorser of the product or service or in any manner that disparages us.
2. Accessing the Site
We reserve the right to modify or delete this Site, and any service or material we provide on the Site, in our sole discretion without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason all or any part of the Site is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts of the Site, or the entire Site, to registered users.
You are responsible for:
- Making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to the Site.
- Ensuring that all persons who access the Site through your internet connection are aware of these Terms and comply with them.
3. Links; Framing
You may link to the home page of Lawyers Alliance, provided you do so in a way that is accurate and fair and does not cast us in a misleading light or take advantage of our reputation. You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part without our prior written consent.
You are responsible for all activity under any account you use to link to any part of the Site. We reserve the right in our sole discretion to block access to the Site at any time: (A) if we suspect that you have not complied with these Terms; or (B) for other reasons that we determine in good faith are necessary or appropriate, including, but not limited to, if we suspect you are using or attempting to use the Site in any way that violates any applicable laws or regulations. We are not liable to you for any loss or damage that may result from any refusal to provide you access to the Site or any portion of it. You may not frame our Site. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
4. Prohibited Uses
You may use the Site only for lawful purposes and in accordance with these Terms.
You agree not to use the Site:
- In any way that violates any applicable federal, state, local or international law or regulation (including, without limitation, any laws regarding the export of data or software to and from the United States or other countries).
- For the purpose of exploiting, harming or attempting to exploit or harm minors in any way by exposing them to inappropriate content, asking for personally identifiable information or otherwise.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any advertising or promotional material, without our prior written consent, including any "junk mail", "chain letter" or "spam" or any other similar solicitation.
- To impersonate or attempt to impersonate Lawyers Alliance, another user or any other person or entity.
- To engage in any other conduct that restricts or inhibits anyone's use or enjoyment of the Site, or which, as determined by us, may harm Lawyers Alliance or users of the Site or expose them to liability.
- In any manner that could disable, overburden, damage, or impair the Site or interfere with any other party's use of the Site.
Additionally, you agree not to:
- Use any robot, spider or other automatic device, process or means to access the Site for any purpose, including monitoring or copying any of the material on the Site.
- Use any device, software or routine that interferes with the proper working of the Site.
- Introduce any viruses, trojan horses, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to, interfere with, damage or disrupt any parts of the Site, the server on which the Site is stored, or any server, computer or database connected to the Site.
- Attack the Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of-service attack.
- Otherwise attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site.
5. Accounts and Passwords
When creating an account, you may be required to provide your name, phone number, email address, physical mailing address and other identifying information. For your protection, when creating an account with the Site, a user name and password will be associated with your account. You are responsible for taking all reasonable steps to ensure that no unauthorized person has access to your user name and password. It is your sole responsibility to (a) authorize, monitor, and control access to and use of your account, user name and password; and (b) promptly inform us of any need to deactivate a user name or password or other unauthorized use of your account. We will not be liable for any losses caused by any unauthorized use of your account; however, you may be liable for any losses of Lawyers Alliance or others based on such unauthorized use.
You agree to indemnify Lawyers Alliance, its affiliates and its respective officers, employees, and agents from all liabilities, damages, losses or expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) that an indemnified party may incur based upon any third-party claims related to or arising out of your acts or omissions in connection with your use of the Site or your violation of these Terms.
THE INFORMATION PROVIDED ON THIS SITE IS INTENDED AS GENERAL INFORMATION ONLY AND NOT AS SPECIFIC LEGAL ADVICE. LAWYERS ALLIANCE ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR YOUR USE OR INTERPRETATION OF INFORMATION CONTAINED ON THE SITE. ANY INFORMATION SENT TO THE SITE OR RECEIVED THROUGH THE SITE DOES NOT ESTABLISH AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP AND YOU MUST COMPLETE ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTATION AND AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP MUST BE ESTABLISHED WITH LAWYERS ALLIANCE BEFORE ANY COMMUNICATIONS WILL BE TREATED AS PRIVILEGED OR CONFIDENTIAL.
YOU UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT THIS SITE AND ALL SERVICES AND CONTENT ARE AVAILABLE ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND THAT YOU USE THEM AT YOUR OWN RISK. YOU ARE SOLELY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY DAMAGE OR ANY LOSS OF DATA THAT RESULTS FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE. LAWYERS ALLIANCE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND, EITHER IMPLIED OR EXPRESS, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT, WARRANTIES THAT ANY PART OF THE SITE OR SERVICE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, ERROR-FREE, VIRUS-FREE, TIMELY OR ACCURATE OR THAT CONTENT IS SAFE IN ANY MANNER FOR DOWNLOAD. SOME JURISDICTIONS MAY NOT ALLOW DISCLAIMERS OF IMPLIED WARRANTIES, AND CERTAIN STATEMENTS IN THIS DISCLAIMER MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
8. Limitation of Liability
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) LAWYERS ALLIANCE’S AND ITS AFFILIATES’ SOLE LIABILITY TO YOU IS LIMITED TO ANY ACTUAL DIRECT DAMAGES CAUSED BY YOUR USE OF OUR SITE NOT TO EXCEED $100; AND (B) LAWYERS ALLIANCE IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY OR SIMILAR DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOST PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR INTANGIBLE LOSS (EVEN IF LAWYERS ALLIANCE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM OR ARISING OUT OF (I) THE USE OF OR THE INABILITY TO USE THE SITE, (II) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR DATA TRANSMISSIONS, OR (III) ANY OTHER MATTER RELATING TO THE SITE. IN SOME JURISDICTIONS, THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU.
9. Governing Law
These Terms are governed by the laws of the State of New York applicable to contracts made and performed within the State without regard to its conflicts of law principles. By using this Site, you irrevocably agree to submit to the personal and exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in the County and State of New York with respect to any dispute arising under the Terms and waive objections for any reasons to the jurisdiction of those courts.
10. General Provisions
We reserve the right to terminate our Site, these Terms, and any services offered through our Site at any time without notice, for any reason. The "Disclaimer of Warranty," "Limitation of Liability," "Indemnification," and "General Provisions" sections of these Terms (along with any other provision that by its terms contemplates survival) survive any termination of these Terms.
12. Report of Unauthorized Use
Please report any violations of these Terms to us at email@example.com. We reserve the right to report any unauthorized use of the Site to appropriate authorities.
13. Contact Us; Comments and Questions
We strive to ensure that your visit to our Site is a satisfactory one. If you have any questions, comments, or concerns about our Terms or the Site, you may contact us by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, by telephone at (212) 219-1800, or by mail at 171 Madison Avenue, 9th Floor, New York, NY 10016.
Learn More About Lawyers Alliance
About Us | Mission | History & 50th Anniversary | Our Services | Our Clients
Our Volunteers | Staff | Boards | Financial Information | Job Openings | For Alumni | Contact Us