The exemplary work and outstanding accomplishments of our volunteer attorneys deserve recognition from clients, peers, employers, and the general public. Read some exciting Volunteer Accomplishments throughout the year and join us in recognizing our annual Cornestone honorees.
Since 1997, Lawyers Alliance has presented Cornerstone Awards annually to a select group of individuals and institutions that have made extraordinary contributions through pro bono legal services. These services help nonprofits to address critical human needs and improve the quality of life for thousands of low-income New Yorkers.
Save the Date: the 2023 Cornerstone Awards will be held on Thursday, November 2, 2023.
The 2022 Cornerstone Awards were held on Thursday, November 17, 2022 at Paramount. Read about this year's honorees by clicking the names below. View the event Photo Gallery.
The 2022 Institutional Honorees:
The 2022 Individual Honorees:
- Amber M. Degn, ABC News / Disney General Entertainment
- Ashley E. DeLuca and William Xiong, Ballard Spahr LLP
- Douglas Dua, Hunton Andrews Kurth LLP
- Bruce Goldner, Skadden, Arps, Slate, Meagher & Flom LLP
- Fred R. Green, Herrick, Feinstein LLP
- Steven M. Lutt and Julianne Prisco, White & Case LLP
- Keith McMurdy, Bloomberg L.P.
- Rex L. Niswander, Morrison & Foerster LLP
- Aditya (Dean) Ramanathan, Brown Rudnick LLP
- Debra Sapp, Stroock & Stroock & Lavan LLP
- Kristen A. Truver, Alston & Bird LLP
- Mario Verdolini, Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
The complete list of Lawyers Alliance's Cornerstone winners from 1997 to 2022 includes 270 of Lawyers Alliance's more than 10,000 individual volunteers during this period.
Previous Institutional Cornerstone Award winners include:
Davis Polk & Wardwell LLP
Sidley Austin LLP
Lowenstein Sandler LLP
Morrison & Foerster LLP
Kramer Levin Naftalis & Frankel LLP
Ropes & Gray LLP
Volunteer Accomplishments: Lawyers Alliance regularly identifies outstanding volunteers who reach a milestone in their pro bono project and issues a "Volunteer Accomplishment" announcement recognizing this work. These callouts are available in the Resources section.
Bar Association Awards: Many of Lawyers Alliance's volunteer institutions have received accolades from state and national bar leaders for their business law pro bono work. We are honored to have nominated a strong list of winners of American Bar Association and New York State Bar Association pro bono awards.
Learn More About Lawyers Alliance
Lawyers | Our Pro Bono Program | Corporate Counsel | Become a Volunteer | Resources for Volunteers
Volunteer Recognition | Case Closing Volunteer Questionnaire | CLE Credit for Pro Bono | For Alumni | Exponentum